Promote all forms of cycling and its benefits at the University of Louisville by racing, advocating, and educating.
Who We Are
The Student Cycling Coalition (SCC), a Registered Student Organization at the University of Louisville, created and operates Louisville Cycling & Triathlon. The SCC is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit organization.
Who It’s For
The SCC is open to all University of Louisville students, fans, faculty, and staff of any age regardless of expertise and equipment.
UofL Cycling & Triathlon membership is reserved for full-time University of Louisville students.
How We Started
During the mid-2000’s an initial push to create a cycling club at the University of Louisville yielded the first USA Cycling-sanctioned club. However, that club died with the graduation of its creators. In the early-2010’s another group formed a cycling interest organization called the Student Cycling Coalition. These students focused mainly on enthusiast-specific activities such as bike polo and unicycling.
In 2013, while on its last legs, a pair of new members decided to reinvigorate the SCC. They shifted it away from an enthusiast-specific group to a racing and advocacy group. They created UofL Cycling and began racing in the fall of 2013 in cyclocross. The team currently races in Road, Mountain, and Cyclocross as part of the Mid West Collegiate Cycling Conference.
After a few unsuccessful attempts at starting a triathlon club during the late 2000’s and 2010’s by different students, the SCC took over the management responsibilities and relaunched the club as UofL Triathlon in 2015. The team races in Sprint, Olympic, and Draft Legal races in the Mid East Collegiate Triathlon Conference.
Our growth since 2013
Our Membership at a Glance
- Nationally recognized as the Largest New Club by USA Cycling Collegiate in 2014
- 75+ members of the SCC
- 30 members Cycling & Triathlon
- 40% Female
- 6 nationalities represented
Our Education & 2016 Events at a Glance
- 8 yearly Free Bike Repair events
- 6 yearly safe riding clinics
- Host of the 2016 Cardinal Criterium bike race
- Host of the 2016 Cardinal MTB Race
- Co-host of the 2016 Derby City Cup/MWCCC Cyclocross Conference Championships
Our Racing at a Glance
- UofL Cycling founded in 2013
- Member of USA Cycling
- 1 Conference Championship
- 4 Nationals Appearances
- Road, Mountain, Cyclocross
- UofL Triathlon founded in 2015
- Member of USA Triathlon
- 1 Nationals Appearance
- Sprint, Olympic, Draft Legal, Ironman
- 1 Team USA berth
Want to help us grow our story? Become a Donor or Partner now. Click HERE for more info.