What tools do you need to change a bike tire?
- Repair stand (optional, makes the work a lot easier)
- Tire levers such as the TL-1.2, TL-4.2, TL-5, TL-6.2, or a multi-tool that incorporates a tire lever.
- Patch Kit such as the GP-2 or VP-1.
- Air pump: either a floor or hand pump.
- Wrench for non-quick-release type wheels that use outer axle nuts.
How do I take a bike tire off?
Pry under the bead of the tire with one of the tire levers and hook it to a spoke. Move over about 4 to 6 in. and insert the other tire lever. Pry it down and then slide it along the rim to release the tire.
How do you change a rear bike wheel without a quick release?
Disengage brakes and derailleur gear (gives chain more slack, making wheel removal easier) Work on the nuts and loosen them using a spanner (Pro tip: use a spanner with the exact size of nuts) Gently remove the rear bike wheel. Completely remove the derailleur chain and lift your bike off the ground.
How do you remove the rear sprocket on a bicycle?
Cassette Lockring Removal
- Mount bike in repair stand and remove rear wheel from bike.
- Remove quick-release skewer.
- Inspect cassette and select correct type of remover.
- Engage remover into splines/notches.
- Install quick-release skewer and install skewer nut on outside of remover.
- Snug skewer nut against remover.