How do you remove a gear sprocket from a bicycle?
Cassette Lockring Removal
- Mount bike in repair stand and remove rear wheel from bike.
- Remove quick-release skewer.
- Inspect cassette and select correct type of remover.
- Engage remover into splines/notches.
- Install quick-release skewer and install skewer nut on outside of remover.
- Snug skewer nut against remover.
How do I take the pedal crank off my bike?
Use a 15mm wrench to loosen the left pedal from the bike. Then, hold the left pedal and rotate the crank arm to completely detach it from the bike. Both pedals should now be completely removed. If you’re standing on the right, or drive side, of the bike, rotate the crank arm clockwise.