How do you reset a locked 4 digit lock?
Take these steps to reset your lock:
- Pull up the shackle to open the lock.
- Rotate the shackle 90° counterclockwise and press all the way down.
- Hold down the shackle and set your own combination by turning dials.
- Turn the shackle back as normal. The setting is now complete.
How do you unlock a 4 digit number lock?
How to Open a Four Number Combination Lock
- Find your combination.
- Go to the first number.
- Set the second dial on the lock to the second number in the combination.
- Use the third wheel to find the third number in the combination.
- Locate the fourth number in the combination on the bottom wheel on the lock and center it.
How do you break a bike lock without a tool?
In order to do this, take a Bic pen, or a pen with a similar diameter, remove the tip of the pen, and then press the hollow pen tube into the keyway, press it in, and turn it in the unlocking direction. With a cheaper lock, this will usually be enough to open it.
How do you open a lock when you forgot the code?
Pull up gently on the shackle and hold it in place. Turn the dial clockwise listening carefully until you hear the lock click. Start with a good deal of pressure and gently let up as you spin it around, until you meet resistance in only one place. If the dial catches every few numbers, you are pulling too hard.
How do you unlock a Kryptonite lock?
Hold the lock steady in one hand while holding the pen with your other hand. Shake the lock around until a click sound is heard. This sound indicates that the lock is open.
How do you unlock a bike lock?
Minors and children should not attempt these steps without adult supervision.
- Use a Locksmith.
- Contact a Local Bike Shop.
- Use a Lock Pick.
- Use a Plastic Pen (BIC/Biro Style Pen)
- Use a Shim to open the lock without keys.
- Cut the Lock off Yourself.