- 1 What size bolts to remove rotors?
- 2 What torque should rotor bolts be?
- 3 What tool do I need to remove a rotor?
- 4 What size is a rotor screw?
- 5 What torque should your pedals be?
- 6 What is the torque spec for caliper bolts?
- 7 How thick are Shimano brake rotors?
- 8 Can you convert 6 bolt to centerlock?
- 9 When should I replace my bike disc rotors?
- 10 How long do Shimano rotors last?
What size bolts to remove rotors?
Everyone knows that rotors are sometimes hard to remove if they are rusted onto the hub. So there are two threaded holes, and you can grab the right bolts from somewhere else, and thread them into those holes to pop off the rotor. The correct size is M8 x 1.25.
What torque should rotor bolts be?
Like most other fasteners used on your bike, rotor bolts have a recommended torque. SRAM/Avid states that its rotors should be tightened to 6.2nm (55 in lb), while Shimano recommends 2-4nm (18 – 35 in lb) for its rotors.
What tool do I need to remove a rotor?
What Tools Do You Need To Change Brake Pads and Rotors?
- Ratchet and Socket Kit. To fix your vehicle, you must have a socket set.
- Torque Wrench. A torque wrench is a must.
- Brake Pad Spreader or C-Clamp.
- Torx / Allen Set.
- Brake Bleeder Wrench.
- Jack and Jack stands.
- Lug Nut Wrench.
What size is a rotor screw?
The thread size is M8 x 1.25 (1.25 is standard pitch for M8, so you should be able to find them at Lowe’s, etc.).
What torque should your pedals be?
Typical torque for pedal thread is about 360 inch-pounds. With a foot long wrench, that is about 30 pounds of effort.
What is the torque spec for caliper bolts?
The caliper bolts have a torque spec of 44 ft/lbs and 23 ft/lbs in the rear.
How thick are Shimano brake rotors?
Shimano rotors are made 1.8mm thick and should be replaced when the thickness has been reduced to 1.5mm. Since 2010, the 1.5mm minimum recommended rotor thickness has been printed on Shimano rotors.
Can you convert 6 bolt to centerlock?
no, unfortunately there is no way to mount a centerlock rotor on a 6 bolt hub
When should I replace my bike disc rotors?
Braking erodes material off the rotor depending on the riding conditions, rotors will typically last through two or more sets of brake pads. When a SHIMANO rotor measures 1.5mm thick or less, it’s time to replace it. A new rotor should always be accompanied by new brake pads.
How long do Shimano rotors last?
Srode said: They are much better than rim brakes in the rain on a road bike, dry pavement not as good. They also don’t wear out the brake track like rim brakes, rotors are cheap. The rotors only last about 2 years if you’re an average rider, plus the pad issue.