How do I get rid of free hub?
The axle is independent of the freehub.
- Remove set screw from side of drive side locknut.
- Hold non-drive side cone with cone wrench. Loosen and remove drive side locknut.
- Pull freehub to remove. Use care not to loose small parts. Note orientation of pawls as you remove freehub.
How do I change my bike hub?
Hub Adjustment – Cartridge Bearing Hubs
- Mount bike in repair stand.
- Remove rear wheel from bike. If adjusting front wheel, remove front wheel as well.
- Remove quick-release skewer and springs. Remove any rubber boot covering left side cones and locknuts.
- Insert skewer through cog side of hub.
How do you remove the rear sprocket on a bicycle?
Cassette Lockring Removal
- Mount bike in repair stand and remove rear wheel from bike.
- Remove quick-release skewer.
- Inspect cassette and select correct type of remover.
- Engage remover into splines/notches.
- Install quick-release skewer and install skewer nut on outside of remover.
- Snug skewer nut against remover.