How do I remove an old mountain bike fork?
How to Remove a Bicycle Fork and Stem
- Remove the front wheel from the fork.
- Remove the brakes from your front fork.
- Loosen the four hex bolts that connect the handlebar to the stem.
- Loosen the hex bolt that secures the headset top cap.
- Loosen the two hex bolts that clamp the stem to the steering tube.
Can I change the fork on a bike?
With the right tools, or help from your shop, you can upgrade your mountain bike’s front suspension or treat your road machine to a carbon-fiber fork. 1. Disassemble The Front End Remove the front brake and wheel.