How do you remove bike fork threads?
Once loosened with a flat-bladed screwdriver, you can remove it by hand. You can also remove the threaded race beneath by hand. The threaded race’s function is to hold the fork in the head tube as well as exert the correct pressure on the bearing, so support the fork in one hand as you turn it.
How do I know what forks fit my bike?
Wheel sizes If you have 27.5/650B or 29in wheels then you need the corresponding size fork. Tip: if you have 26in wheels you can use 26in size forks (obviously) but you can also get away with running a 27.5/650B fork without messing up your bike’s handling significantly.
How do I remove suspension?
Part 1 of 1: Replacing the suspension springs
- Materials Needed.
- Step 1: Remove power from the vehicle.
- Step 2: Locate the springs and the strut connections.
- Step 3: Raise the vehicle.
- Step 4: Remove the wheel and tire.
- Step 5: Remove the lower control arm bolts.
- Step 6: Lower the control arm and remove the spring.