How do you change bike forks?
Disassemble The Front End Remove the front brake and wheel. Loosen the pinch bolts on the side of the stem and remove the top bolt and cap. Pull the stem off the fork and slide the fork out of the head tube. Your headset will be in pieces; hold it together and carefully set it aside.
How do I remove an old mountain bike fork?
How to Remove a Bicycle Fork and Stem
- Remove the front wheel from the fork.
- Remove the brakes from your front fork.
- Loosen the four hex bolts that connect the handlebar to the stem.
- Loosen the hex bolt that secures the headset top cap.
- Loosen the two hex bolts that clamp the stem to the steering tube.