How do you change a rear bike wheel without a quick release?
Disengage brakes and derailleur gear (gives chain more slack, making wheel removal easier) Work on the nuts and loosen them using a spanner (Pro tip: use a spanner with the exact size of nuts) Gently remove the rear bike wheel. Completely remove the derailleur chain and lift your bike off the ground.
Why is my back wheel wobbling on my bike?
If it’s wobbling side to side, there are two problems that are possible; Your cup-and-cone bearings could be loose or your wheel could be out of true (slightly buckled.) Take your wheel off and hold the axle. Wobble it up and down a few times.
How do you remove the rear sprocket on a bicycle?
Cassette Lockring Removal
- Mount bike in repair stand and remove rear wheel from bike.
- Remove quick-release skewer.
- Inspect cassette and select correct type of remover.
- Engage remover into splines/notches.
- Install quick-release skewer and install skewer nut on outside of remover.
- Snug skewer nut against remover.