How do you take apart a fork front?
How to Remove a Bicycle Fork and Stem
- Remove the front wheel from the fork.
- Remove the brakes from your front fork.
- Loosen the four hex bolts that connect the handlebar to the stem.
- Loosen the hex bolt that secures the headset top cap.
- Loosen the two hex bolts that clamp the stem to the steering tube.
What is a fork guard?
The Bopworx Fork Guard is designed to protect your bicycles forks from damage when travelling with your bike in a car, when shipping it in a bike case or box, or while in storage. In a car or van, the Fork Guards soft rubber rotating wheels prevent cuts and scrapes to the interior of your vehicle.
How do you replace fork seals without removing forks?
Yes. Pull the bolt out that secures the cartridge to the lower fork leg and the forks will come apart. Put a seal in with a split type fork seal driver. Then you pull the cap and separate from cartridge to pull the spring to set the fork oil level.
How do you know if a fork will fit your bike?
The main thing you need to look for is the steerer size. Most Mtb headtube is 1.1/8″, a few are 1.5″ or the combo of the two, tapered steerer. So as long as the fork is 1.1/8″ you are good to go.