What gear should bike be in to remove rear wheel?
Rear wheels: shift derailleur to the outermost gear and innermost front chain ring. This will give the most chain slack and make it easier to remove the wheel.
What tools do you need to change a bike tire?
- Repair stand (optional, makes the work a lot easier)
- Tire levers such as the TL-1.2, TL-4.2, TL-5, TL-6.2, or a multi-tool that incorporates a tire lever.
- Patch Kit such as the GP-2 or VP-1.
- Air pump: either a floor or hand pump.
- Wrench for non-quick-release type wheels that use outer axle nuts.
How do you take the back wheel off a Townie bike?
Removing Rear Wheels Is Easy!
- Shift onto the small cog and small chainring. Shifting the chain down onto the smallest cog on the rear wheel and the smallest chainring on the crankset, creates slack in the chain, which makes wheel removal much easier.
- Open the brake.
- Pull the derailleur back and remove the wheel.
What tools do I need to remove a bike cassette?
The lockring is designed to hold the cogs of the cassette in place on the hub. In order to remove and replace your cassette, you need to unscrew this lockring. You’ll need three tools to do this: a chain whip, a cassette lockring remover and a large adjustable crescent wrench.