- 1 How do you release a bike lock?
- 2 How do you break a bike lock without a tool?
- 3 How do you unlock a bike lock without a key?
- 4 Can you reset a master bike lock?
- 5 How do you unlock a Kryptonite bike lock without a key?
- 6 How do you break a bike lock with a hammer?
- 7 What do you do if you don’t have a bike lock?
How do you release a bike lock?
So the first job is to loosen them with some WD-40! Hold the lock so the key hole is facing the floor and squirt WD-40 into the hole. This should dislodge any street gunk and allow it to drain out of the locking mechanism. Then turn the bike lock around so the hole is facing the upwards and insert the key.
How do you break a bike lock without a tool?
In order to do this, take a Bic pen, or a pen with a similar diameter, remove the tip of the pen, and then press the hollow pen tube into the keyway, press it in, and turn it in the unlocking direction. With a cheaper lock, this will usually be enough to open it.
How do you unlock a bike lock without a key?
Minors and children should not attempt these steps without adult supervision.
- Use a Locksmith.
- Contact a Local Bike Shop.
- Use a Lock Pick.
- Use a Plastic Pen (BIC/Biro Style Pen)
- Use a Shim to open the lock without keys.
- Cut the Lock off Yourself.
Can you reset a master bike lock?
Take these steps to reset your lock: Rotate the shackle 90° counterclockwise and press all the way down. Hold down the shackle and set your own combination by turning dials. Turn the shackle back as normal. The setting is now complete.
How do you unlock a Kryptonite bike lock without a key?
If you want to learn how to unlock a kryptonite bike lock, the pen trick can do the job for you. It involves using a plastic pen to bypass the lock. All you have to do is remove the tip of the pen and press the cylinder into the keyway and then do a slight turn. This will open the lock if done correctly.
How do you break a bike lock with a hammer?
Hammer until the U-lock breaks. Keep hammering against the keyhole area of the U-lock. You may have to hammer for 30 seconds or so until a piece breaks off of the bar, after which breaking it will become much easier. Focus your hammering against the broken area of the lock.
What do you do if you don’t have a bike lock?
How to Secure a Bike Without a Lock
- Don’t let yours be their first choice. Let your bike get lost in the crowd. Park next to a nicer bike.
- Improvise a lock. Zip ties. Vines and twigs. Bungee cord. Helmet strap.
- Dismantle your bike. Remove a wheel. Loosen a wheel. Dislodge the chain. Take your seat post.