How do you make a brush link in Illustrator?
- Step 1: Create a circle.
- Step 2: Create a smaller circle on top.
- Step 3: Knock out a hole into the bottom circle.
- Step 4: Copy your chain link.
- Step 5: Use the Shape Builder Tool to link the chains.
- Step 6: Set the repeat of the right side chain.
- Step 7: Drag the chain pieces into Swatches.
How do I link a vector in Illustrator?
Place (import) artwork files
- Open the Illustrator document into which you want to place the artwork.
- Choose File > Place, and select the text file you want to place.
- Select Link to create a link to the file, or deselect Link to embed the artwork in the Illustrator document.
- Click Place.