How do you change a rear bike wheel without a quick-release?
Disengage brakes and derailleur gear (gives chain more slack, making wheel removal easier) Work on the nuts and loosen them using a spanner (Pro tip: use a spanner with the exact size of nuts) Gently remove the rear bike wheel. Completely remove the derailleur chain and lift your bike off the ground.
Why is my back wheel wobbling on my bike?
If it’s wobbling side to side, there are two problems that are possible; Your cup-and-cone bearings could be loose or your wheel could be out of true (slightly buckled.) Take your wheel off and hold the axle. Wobble it up and down a few times.
What tools do you need to change a bike tire?
- Repair stand (optional, makes the work a lot easier)
- Tire levers such as the TL-1.2, TL-4.2, TL-5, TL-6.2, or a multi-tool that incorporates a tire lever.
- Patch Kit such as the GP-2 or VP-1.
- Air pump: either a floor or hand pump.
- Wrench for non-quick-release type wheels that use outer axle nuts.